CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 12, 2012

In the KITCHEN baking Candy Corn Cookies

My "Out of the Box" creation today is focusing on candy corn shaped cookies.  Aren't these little candy corn sugar cookies just the cutest little cookies?  I have been on a cookie making kick the last 2 days.  This idea came to me in an email.  Since I love candy corn so much, I just had to check out how to make them.  At first I thought, "No Way", these are going to be way too time consuming.  Well I have already made two batches of these little gems!   They are actually kind of fun to make.  This is what you do.
1. Mix up a batch of sugar cookies.
2. Separate the cookie dough in 3 balls.
3. One will be left white, the second one you will put orange food coloring in and the third one you will put yellow food coloring in.
4. Use a loaf pan and line with wax paper or plastic wrap.
5. Pat in the white layer, then the orange layer and then the yellow layer.  (or in Stampin' Up! colors, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight)
6. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hrs or overnight.
7. Take the dough block out of the loaf pan and cut the short side in 1/4" slabs.
8.  Then take a knife and cut like this:  (eg  /\/\/\/\)  You will get 6-7 little candy corns.
9. Roll them in sugar being careful not to break apart the layers.
10. Put them on a cookie sheet and bake them for 5 minutes.
11. This is my FAVORITE part!  Pop one in your mouth and ENJOY!
Can't you just see these in red, green and white, red, white and blue, pastels for Easter?  I also made oatmeal raisen cookies, craisen/white chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, and chocolate chip cookies.  (Probably about 10-11 batches of cookies in 2 days!  We have a TON in the freezer!  YUM! ! !  OK time to get back to card making!

Well you can't purchase these cookies on my Stampin' Up! website BUT if you are in need of some supplies...feel free to stop on over to my "ON-LINE STORE" and check it out!

Thanks for stopping by to check out my "Out of the Box" creations.  I guess these were in the box, especially after I got them baked.

No comments:

Post a Comment